The GlobalFix™ PRO with an internal GPS quickly and accurately relays your position to a worldwide network of Search and Rescue satellites, reducing search time and increasing your chances of survival.
Internal GPS and proven rescue technology: The GlobalFix™ PRO broadcasts a unique registered distress signal that not only tells rescuers where you are, but who you are. The internal GPS will automatically turn on and acquire your position upon activation and then utilizes a powerful 406 MHz signal to relay your distress call to orbiting satellites. As local Search and Rescue is deployed, a separate homing signal and integrated LED strobe light guide rescuers to your exact location.
Full self-test program: Performing a full functional self test of the GlobalFix™ PRO internal circuitry, battery voltage & power, and 406 MHz transmission gives you the peace of mind knowing your EPIRB will work the moment you need it the most. ACR Exclusive: Built-in GPS acquisition test mode allows you to test the internal GPS receiver to ensure it’s working properly.
GlobalFix™ PRO offers the very latest in marine electronic lifesaving technology:
- Highly visible LED strobe is energy efficient
- Internal GPS for a fast cold start
- High efficiency electronics for performance you can count on
- Professional grade design is engineered, tested and built for years of abusive marine use
- Ergonomic, compact design; smallest, most feature-rich EPIRB available
- Frequency: 406 MHz with 121.5 MHz homing
- Activation: Automatic release (Category I)
- Battery Type: Class 2 (non-hazmat) lithium battery
- Battery Life: 6-year replacement life, 65 hour operational life
- Strobe: White, 1 effective candela, 20–30 flashes per minute
- GPS: FastACQ™ 16-channel receiver
- Material: High-impact UV-resistant polymer
- Waterproof Rating: Waterproof to 33'
- Dimensions (without antenna) 7"H x 4 1/4"W x 3 5/8"D
- Weight (Beacon Only): 20.5 oz.
- Approvals: Cospas-Sarsat, FCC, MED, IC Acceptances: USCG Meets: GMDSS, RTCM, IEC, and IMO standards
- 406Link.com: 120 satellite detectable basic self tests (available only in the Americas)
- Warranty: Five years